Five Stride Sales Associate
Position Description: Five Stride has an immediate opening for a part time Sales Associate position for our Portland retail shop. This position works hand-in-hand with the store owner and will include shifts with the owner and by yourself. The position will start with one to two days per week but has the potential to grow with time. Our retail store is not a single task environment. In order to complete all that needs to get done daily (with customer sales being first priority), you will find yourself working on many tasks and assignments at one time. Weekend shifts are required. Do not apply if you cannot work weekends.
· Previous customer service experience, ideally in retail.
· Basic knowledge of roller skate maintenance and desire to learn the rest.
· Familiarity with Google Docs, Word, and Excel is a must. Familiarity with Square Retail is a plus.
· Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
· Outgoing personality, positive outlook, and excellent people skills.
· Must be able to lift 30 pounds, bend, reach, climb ladders, and lift boxes overhead.
· Must be available weekends.
· Must be able to work some shifts alone.
· Greet customers, find out the customer's needs, and recommend merchandise that is right for the customer
· Fit customers for skates by measuring their feet and recommending a proper boot for their skating discipline, foot shape, level of skating, and desired features
· Answer customer queries regarding the shop products; describe a product's features and benefits as needed
· Provide information about warranties, care, and maintenance of purchases
· Demonstrate proper use and adjustment of a customer’s new skates
· Receive and process cash and credit payments; accept orders and deposits for items not in stock
· Count cash drawer at start and end of day, and complete a sales record at the end of each day
· Organize and process merchandise exchanges
· Process incoming skate repairs and services, and complete the repair or service if possible
· Stay current with shop products and pricing
· Arrange and display merchandise, keep merchandise back stock area tidy, and restock as necessary
· Keep store clean- sweep, mop, dust, clean windows, clean bathroom, etc
· Unpack orders, price merchandise, and update inventory numbers in POS system
· Ship customer orders and mail orders as needed
Submit a resume and short note outlining why your skills are a good match for this position, and why you are interested in working at Five Stride. Please no phone calls – we are a busy retail store. We welcome your email of interest by November 31st at: email@example.com